Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our office is looking for a co-op to join the sales team. This person will;
Working closely with the Sales Operations Manager and Sales Operations Coordinator, the Intern provides marketing and administrative support services to Jacobs' Sales Operations Organization within the Buildings, Infrastructure, and Advanced Facilities line of business.
• Assists with developing sales documents using applicable tools, guidelines and templates.
• Implements opportunity response plans i.e. activities, deliverables, owners, milestones etc.
• Collects company data or conducts internal/external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents and/or strategy development.
• Interviews staff and project managers to draft and update project descriptions and resumes to be used in proposals and qualifications.
• Maintains sales qualification materials and supporting information in designated information management or filing systems.
• Develops appropriate network within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information, best practices etc. between offices.
• Conducts client, competitor and market research as required in support of client and/or opportunity strategy development.
• Collaborates with the designated core client sponsorship team to establish and populate dedicated core client information repositories, and supports the development of documented client strategies and related information.
• Assists in the preparation of written and graphical elements of sales opportunity response documents such as proposals, qualifications, and presentations.
• Interacts with operations personnel and client account managers to support development of sales material.
• Proofs and edits technical and non-technical documents for consistency.
• Works with designated response team members to develop opportunity response plans in alignment with our Relationship Based Sales (RBS) process.
• Organizes and participates in response-related meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate.
• Assists in the production of response documents (printing, copying, binding, and shipping)
• Anticipated Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications or comparable discipline from a four-year college or university in the next 2 years is required
• At least a 3.0 GPA is required
• Advanced skills and experience working with Microsoft Office suite and with proficiency in database applications required; preferred SalesForce
• Effective verbal and written communication skills in English required
• Ability to work after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice required
• Able to travel as needed required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-US PA Philadelphia - Philadelphia
Job Posting: Jul 6, 2020, 11:53:18 PM
Job: Business Development/Sales/Marketing
Job Type: Cooperative
Job Classification: Fulltime - Temporary
US PA Philadelphia - Philadelphia
2301 CHESTNUT STREET
Capabilities: Corporate Functions and Services