Jacobs Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities (BIAF) line of business is a global network of employees serving both the private and public sectors, including our nation’s vital Defense and Intelligence Community components. Our employees work to shape the communities in which we work and live by creating and delivering world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to deliver exceptional, integrated services to our clients, while providing growth opportunities to our employees working together to deliver global solutions to our clients’ programs.
Our BIAF Federal team is dedicated to delivering built environment solutions to the Intelligence Community and other Federal agencies. Our services include planning, design, construction oversight, and commissioning for highly mission-critical building and infrastructure systems directly supporting and sustaining the Intelligence Community’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide services to manage the operation and production of the computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) and computer-aided facility management (CAFM) systems
• Provide technical support to maintain systems; order supplies and upgrade system capabilities as necessary
• Assist in the preparation of CADD drawings and concepts
• Maintain hardcopy and softcopy CADD files for all facilities
• Create and maintain standards and processes for the CADD network
• Train personnel in the operation of the CADD system
• Operate and maintain large format copiers and plotters
• Manage the space inventory management system database
• Produce, review, and analyze facility data
• Develop reports for senior managers integrating space occupancy with finance and real estate data
• Perform space utilization and allocation forecasting
• Provide technical oversight of facility projects
• Inspect contractor work for compliance with contract drawings
• Maintain project technical files
• Verify existing facilities for producing as-built drawings
• Research drawing archives in support of new projects
• Support project managers in discussions with A&E and construction contractors
• Provide other project information as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, computer science or related field; high school, vocational school, or trade school diploma and five (5) years’ work experience in a similar field may be substituted for degree requirement
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in System Integration/CADD Operations
Three (3) years of experience with AutoCAD and Archibus
• United States Citizenship
• TS/SCI FS Poly
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Arlington-US VA Arlington - Jfi - Arlington, Va
Job Posting: Jul 6, 2020, 9:03:40 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US VA Arlington - Jfi - Arlington, Va
1100 N. GLEBE RD,5TH FLOOR