Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts. In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
Our Dugway Operation was established in 2004 with the award of the Field, Range, Chamber, and Laboratory Support Services (FRC&LSS) contract to Jacobs. This operation also includes our support provided to STC through a subcontract awarded in 2006 for Test Documentation and Management Support Services for the WDTC. Through the FRC&LSS contract, we manage an integrated team of contractors that includes, Mellor Engineering with a composite staff size of more than 170 personnel.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Cleaning and preparing test sites, loading and delivering materials using a variety of tools and machines, such as forklifts, power drills, grinder, saws, pressure washers, scissor lifts, skid steers, UTV and referee equipment.
- Assist in receipt inspections test fixture setup and removal.
- Be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
- Show expertise in working with a team and independently.
- Be able to maintain a medical surveillance.
- Manage positive customer and employee relations.
- Work all shifts flexibly when job demands.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Safety awareness and have a thorough understanding of Jacobs Dugway Team Safety Program’ i.e. Safe Plan of Action (SPA), Safety observation Reports (SOR), and other required guidelines.
Education and Experience:
Specialized training and at least three years experience in calibration, operation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical test equipment to include dissemination.
Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance level.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen.
- Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates.
- Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
- No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Office is located on site in Government spaces at: Dugway Proving Ground, UT.
Equipment and Machines:
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Standard Chemical Laboratory equipment
- Regular hours will be between Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
- Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
- This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
- When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
- This position will require a valid driver license to operate a variety of vehicles.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs’ deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
: United States-Utah-Dugway-20312-DPG
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 7, 2020, 2:01:41 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
R0423A - MS#5
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities