We are launching people to the moon and Mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today. It takes big ideas and determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
The Command & Control team is responsible for designing, building and testing the software, hardware and networking systems that will be used to launch the next generation rocket for NASA. In support of the Command & Control team, we are looking for a talented and creative IT Professional, who will be responsible for Delivery Integration of software products across the Command & Control team.
- Work as part of the Delivery Integration team to ensure planning, scheduling, and coordination across IPTs align with overall C3 goals.
- Responsible for coordination and integration of system software, application software, and flight software into releases.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to ensure software builds are delivered on schedule with necessary content to support C3 milestones.
- Coordinate development activities across multiple departments.
- Work with diverse team of subject matter experts to create, document, and improve operational processes.
- Present status at boards, panels, meetings.
- Ability to resolve complex problems, quickly diagnose and identify issues and assist with determining the proper resolutions.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Will consider candidates with various levels of experience, four (4) years’ related experience minimum required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in performing research.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-TOSC
: Jul 7, 2020, 12:51:58 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities