Jacobs has an opening for a Software Developer with an active secret clearance in the Reston, VA area. Duties include:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of network automation services that allow for the reliable, secure, rapid delivery of network changes to support mission needs.
- The operating environment for this capability will be a mix of the Amazon AWS cloud and on-premises Linux servers that will be accessible on multiple classification levels in a DevOps environment.
- Developing Python code, Ansible playbooks, YANG schemas, XML templates, and other elements part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Works with DevOps tools to support the SDLC, to include Git/Github, Jenkins, etc.
- Works with data stored in relational databases, such as SQL
- Works with RESTful APIs to retrieve information from different systems
- Constantly seek ways to improve the deployed product and streamline the user experience to bring speed to the application as performance and ease of use to find information are the application’s main selling point
- In responding to work orders, be able anticipate integration efforts and critical paths in the development time line
- Manages and executes the development, integration and testing on time
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products
- Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing
- Ensures proper automated integration &/or regression test coverage (using pyTest, etc) is included for new user stories developed in agile sprints
- Proactively schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected
- Reports test results and status as appropriate
- Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, and scope documents
- Interacts with development team to identify and refine test requirements
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements
- Follows all customer network and application development security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies
- Works within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or the Sponsor’s cloud environment
- Software architecture, design, coding, integration, testing, and deployment of back-end application code hosted on a Linux system
- Active Secret Clearance required
- Expert requires a minimum of 11 years of experience specific to the skill must be reflected
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with object oriented computer programming, Python, AWS, Java (or equivalent programming languages)
- Common operating systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
- Information Assurance concepts
- Applying rigorous System Engineering practice to requirement flow-down and Verification & Validation (V&V).
- Written communication and presentation skills
- Git / GitHub
- Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines
- Network Engineering principles
- Systems Administration and Linux
- Regular Expressions(RegEx)
- Demonstrated knowledge
- Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper)
- Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Experience with Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR, NXOS, ASA, Juniper JUNOS,Ansible,YANG, Jinja2 Templates, XML, RESTful API integration and development
- Network automation and network management is highly desirable.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 8, 2020, 12:16:37 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Mission Critical