Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
- Coordinate and direct lower level Logistics Coordinators, in the release of purchased material or fabricated components to destinations directed, in accordance with project requirements.
- Guide the workload of lower level coordinators; provide priorities and direction in support of project shipments, information and service levels.
- Training and development of lower level coordinators to ensure that their skill level is at its' highest, errors are at a minimum, and client satisfaction is maximized.
- Arrange for transport of goods, coordinate logistics of transport, and ensure proper documentation and timely arrival of goods at the proper destination as directed by contract and project requirements.
- Review project instructions, letters of credit, and other relevant contract documents to establish the technical scope, organizational and logistics needs to support client, business groups and projects globally.
- Utilize approved service providers which have been selected based on service and cost analysis, to provide safe and economic delivery to the project.
- Evaluate costs against quotations received to ensure they are in agreement; review and revise quotations as necessary to meet project requirements and maximize margins.
- Ensure that required shipping documentation is prepared and processed in accordance with applicable project, group, and Government requirements and regulations.
- Serve as primary contact with logistics providers, informing them of schedule changes where necessary
- Track and expedite shipments upon request or as deemed necessary.
- Ensure invoices and payments are according to contracted terms, aging and unbilled reports are monitored and overcharge or undercharge claims handled.
- Provide input in the development and implementation of processes and procedures for managing project logistics requirements, customer service levels, and internal operating procedures.
- Liaise with internal project team members and client to identify and advise all concerned of logistics capabilities and limitations. Develop key interfaces in support of improved operational efficiency for the projects.
- Maintain contact with carriers, warehouses, port authorities, and others as necessary to maintain a most favorable business environment, all in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the analyzing, planning and implementation of logistics process and procedures, which includes the establishment of measurement and control procedures.
- Utilize systems to generate business management data, project performance, monthly reporting and statistical data for specific projects and/or studies.
- Increase awareness and compliance with company and client HSE requirements and ensure that these requirements are flowed down to all logistics service providers.
- Periodically evaluate transportation logistics provider performance based on set performance indicators and metrics.
- Work with Project Procurement Manager to provide input and technical evaluation in qualifying and selecting carriers that fulfill customer needs and meet Logistics’ and project qualification standards.
- Receive requests from client, business group and projects; analyze for quantity, specifications, and delivery requirements; develop sources, request pricing and delivery, providing input to requestor.
- Utilize product knowledge in performing special projects assigned in support of the enterprise requirements.
- Work with Project Procurement Manager, or nominated Project Compliance Coordinator to ensure export compliance regulations are administered on all shipments and statutory document retention requirements met.
. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Degree (BA or BS) in Business, Law, Engineering, Supply Management, or other applicable field preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 8 years of international logistics management experience in a shipping/logistics coordination role.
- Specific knowledge and experience working with EPCM projects in markets such as Pharmaceutical Plants.
: United States-North Carolina-Sanford-US NC Sanford
: Jul 8, 2020, 12:11:10 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NC Sanford
4300 OAK PARK RD
Capabilities: Life Sciences and Biopharma