Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Excellent opportunity for a CEI Project EIT to join our team. This is a junior level position working in functional areas such as construction inspection and surveying; scheduling and status; roadway design; traffic signal equipment; traffic signalization and geometrics; materials sampling; inspection and testing. Involves significant amount of decision making and use of judgment, and includes providing work direction to others.
- Perform independent complex inspections of roadways and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract.
- Will perform moderately complex inspections; or supervise other inspectors conducting routine and standard inspections. Includes inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans, and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts, structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices.
- Will perform contract documentation duties, including field measurements.
- Writing or supervising the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Participate in Concept Meetings, Field Plan Reviews (Preliminary/Final) and CPM schedule reviews.
- Bachelors in Civil, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management (4 year degree) or Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management (2 year degree)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction; and considerable knowledge of mathematical functions, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry related to highway/transportation engineering.
- Valid Driver's License Required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
: United States-Georgia-Atlanta-US GA Atlanta - Midtown Atlanta
: Jul 7, 2020, 11:44:55 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US GA Atlanta - Midtown Atlanta
10 TENTH STREET SUITE 1400
Capabilities: Highway and Roads