Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
he Shipping and Receiving Associate works side by side with the Technicians and Engineers in the Safety Lab; they are an an integral part of the vehicle development process. You will provide support to assist in creating the vehicles of tomorrow.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support of shipping, receiving, & campus logistics (inbound, outbound, import/export, campus delivery)
- Daily interaction with engineers, technicians, dock personnel, management, & vendors to support daily operations
- Assist in developing & implementing processes & procedures
- Assist in developing proposals for kaizen & problem solving
- Maintain safe working area and follow all lab safety rules & guidelines.
You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma
- Experience on fork truck (stand up and sit down)
- Ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis
- Willingness to learn new process, reflection capability, teamwork mentality.
- Ability to work with others and take directions
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Lifting of fixtures and test Articles up to 50 lbs. 60%
- Climbing: Climbing step ladders 10%
- Crawling: Crawling in and out of vehicles 10%
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, safety shoes, 100%
- Unusual physical requirements: Manual handling of Powered Material Handling Vehicle (PMHV), 75%
- High noise level: Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB), High Noise level from pneumatic tools 10%
- Other: Operation of overhead cranes , vehicle hoists, performing LOTO, operation a walk behind PMHV and Hi Lo 60%. Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
Description of Work Environment
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Work performed is inside 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: NA
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: Must pass PMHV licensing
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Office equipment used desktop computers and printers 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: Use of Walk Behind vehicle movers, low lifts and hi lo operation 60%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: NA
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday with possible overtime
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Days (7:00AM – 3:30PM). Shift assignment is subject to change so candidate must be flexible with available work hours. Possibility of moving to an afternoon shift for several months at a time.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday.
- Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary.
- Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
- Must have a valid state drivers’ license.
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, PHMV exam, and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Michigan-Dearborn-20313-DETO-05
: Jul 7, 2020, 7:58:11 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities