About the Role
The key mandate of the US & Canada Consumer Ops team is to drive responsible growth and profitability at scale. In this role, in particular, you will lead a team to identify and execute on $100M+, big bet Consumer opportunities, building the foundation for Uber Eat's future growth. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is passionate about tackling and answering our most complex, strategic questions. In this role, you will own a major business priority end to end, from strategy to execution. You will lead a team of experienced Operations Managers, work closely with our Leadership Team, and drive alignment across the entire organization, including Operations, Product, Legal, CRM, and Marketing. The ideal candidate for this role should have a proven track record of clearly communicating strategy and financial impact, devigising execution priorities, developing a detailed understanding of customer acquisition and retention, and advocating with global product teams.
What You'll Do
- Develop a cohesive strategy to execute one of the Consumer Operations Strategic Priorities, including all consumer acquisition, retention, and engagement activities
- Develop consumer insights and follow market trends closely to anticipate challenges and opportunities
- Work with product and tech teams on customer insights, requirements, and feature roll-outs
- Drive accountability and visibility of progress against goals, surface gaps, and opportunities, and prioritize actions to improve business results
- Present analyses and findings to Eats senior leadership and cross-functional partners
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of Operation Managers focused on providing insights to understand new eater dynamics, develop a cohesive strategy, programs and solutions to build for our end-to-end ecosystem, drive accountability and visibility of progress against goals, surface gaps, and opportunities, and prioritize actions to improve business results
What the Candidate Will Need
- At least 5 years of operations management experience; 3+ of those years in investment banking, consulting, business intelligence, strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Strong people management skills and proven track record with at least 2 years of experience
- Self-starter with an analytical orientation; empathetic and leans in and embraces rolling up your sleeves with your team; skilled at balancing between short-term needs and long-term investments; thrives on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Bias toward action and constant push for clarity and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as stakeholder management, consensus building, and project management
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operational research)
- MBA degree highly desired, but not required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.