We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant on the Global General Ledger Team that will play a meaningful role in developing new processes. You will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of projects, streamline processes and will become a subject matter authority in processing accruals across financial statement line items. We are seeking a business partner to implement automation and build improvements to optimize our process in a very multifaceted environment.
What You'll Do
- Lead critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logics or improvements
- Develop new processes and find opportunities for outsourcing / automation to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly close
- Partner with cross-functional teams including finance, legal, engineering and various business owners on a variety of projects
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis at month-end close
- Support the global GL team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
What You'll Need
- BA/BS Required
- 4+ years in public accounting and / or working within high-tech corporate environment
- Solid understanding of GAAP and public company audit requirements
- Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle Preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills (v- Lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc).
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with good business judgment
- Phenomenal teammate, self-starter, with ability to manager multiple priorities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We encourage people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.