About the Role
We're looking for a data analyst to join our Safety and Insurance Data Analytics team to provide data expertise as we work to make this world a safer place to move around. In this role you'll be part of and work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, product managers, lawyers, and other data scientists and analysts. This role will perform analysis to understand trends and shifts in the business that relate to safety issues and propose solutions to these issues.
To have an understanding of the types of product you might be working, check out: ridecheck and safetytools.
What You'll Do
- Support Uber's rapidly growing and unique safety and insurance operations
- Assist with new product experimentation including design, roll-out, and monitoring
- Work with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product management, various data teams to deploy data quality across critical pipelines and to set up processes to triage data issues
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor safety products on our platform
- Effectively and proactively communicate insights and drive projects to improve safety
- Proactively seek out opportunities to build new solutions to tackle safety challenges
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics
- 3+ years of SQL experience (Hive, Spark, and other big data tools a plus)
- 2+ years of Python experience (experience in R a plus)
- 2+ years of experience working with experimentation and measurement
- Demonstrated execution and impact on initiatives that cross multiple product areas and interface with leadership and product teams
- Background in data visualization and reporting leveraging open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar)
- Strong statistical background: proven track record of applying statistical methods to solve real-world problems using big data
- Able to drive complex projects to successful completion
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Self-propelled continuous learner who keeps up with new tools and methodologies and builds prototypes with concepts learned
About the Team
The Safety and Insurance Analytics team provides insights and analytical solutions that are timely, accurate, and actionable to drive safety and deliver insurance. We partner closely with a highly cross-functional team including product management, engineering, operations, and policy teams to make the Uber platform as safe as possible through new products and policies. Our team consists of data analysts, data scientists, and business intelligence analysts tackling a broad range of data tasks including data analysis, experimentation, model development, reporting, and dashboard development to track key product and safety metrics.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.