About the Role
Uber is searching for a Manager/Sr. Manager, Compensation to join our team. Our success brings us unique challenges - join us as we build innovative and creative solutions! You'll serve as a key member of the broader global People & Places team and interact regularly with People team and business leaders.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic comp professional with a knack for getting things done. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position is a phenomenal opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic compensation program delivery. Ideal candidate thrives in a very fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Our compensation team is currently based out of our San Francisco global headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Partner with our HRBPs to influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise and relationship skills
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement innovative approaches, policies and processes to effect continual improvements in compensation programs
- Assess the effectiveness of our compensation strategy for our technology and product organizations, while optimizing for employee experience
- Consult on the design and administration of global programs, processes, market analysis, annual budget planning and focal review
- Develop, implement, and manage base, variable, and equity compensation programs
- Partner with Tech leadership on cost impacts relating to location strategy and cash and equity programs across tech and product organizations
- Provide technical expertise and proactive guidance to supervise and maintain our competitive positioning
- Partner closely with the recruiting organization to ensure sound, compelling and attractive offers are extended to secure the vital talent to scale us to our projected growth in this challenging market
- Supervise and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations and Uber's commitment to pay equity
- Lead compelling manager compensation training
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop dashboards and analytic models to provide business insights and interpret market or internal trends
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 5 years progressive Human Resources and compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, crafting, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' challenges
- Previous experience working with both broad based and sales compensation
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly sophisticated problems and recommend or produce the best solutions for their client
- Demonstrated experience working with high-level individual contributors and managers across multiple functions
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics
- Consulting experience
- Advanced modeling skills
About the Team
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. In Global Rewards, we build and drive employee rewards programs globally, like benefits and compensation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com