Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) reports to the Senior site Resident Engineer (RE) or assigned Project Manager (PM) and assists with overall project delivery in accordance with quality, budget, and safety parameters. The ARE serves as the secondary/backup point of contact with construction contractors, owner clients, and third party consultants as needed. Detailed job responsibilities include:
· Manage project in accordance with RE Manual and Facility Standards
· Assist with Daily management of project staff
· Oversee field inspection
· Provide daily supervision and direction to project staff
· Oversee project administration / project controls
· Conducts pre-construction meeting
· Conducts weekly progress meetings with contractor
· Maintains cash flow projections for construction contract including contingency, bid item overruns and CCO’s
· Generates, negotiates, recommends Contract Changes to Client
· Prepare weekly statement of working days
· Review monthly Progress Schedule
· Review 3-week “look ahead” schedule / short interval schedule
· Review/Approve Daily Inspection Reports (DIR’s)
· Review monthly quantity calculations
· Performs constructability reviews
· Review / approves submittals and pay estimates
· Responds to RFI’s
· Coordinates approvals of shop drawings with Designer
· Coordinate field-testing for roadway work activities through and monitor results.
· Issue NCR’s for deficient tests
· Evaluation, negotiation, and preparation of draft contract change orders
· Assists with Claims mitigation and evaluation
· Manages sub-consultants work and reviews their invoices
· Attends Project Status meetings with Client
· Assist in preparation of Monthly Report and other reports as directed by CM.
• Station construction and working in operating environment is required
• 5+ years’ experience managing transit and transportation projects
• BS in engineering or scientific discipline (or equivalent)
• California PE is desirable
• Caltrain experience and working knowledge with Caltrain Standards is desirable
• Able and willing to work overtime if needed
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-California-OAKLAND-US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2020, 1:35:04 AM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
155 Grand Avenue, Suite 800
Capabilities: Transit and Rail