Description of Duties:
The Linux System Administrator supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Design, implement, and sustain Linux based physical and virtual machines for the Missile Defense Space Center.
- Work closely with a team of engineers, including additional system administrators, network engineers, system engineers, and cybersecurity engineers, to provide high quality, innovative engineering services to the MDA/SS Government customer.
- Work with MDA/SS system engineers to identify and define requirements for new systems and system modifications, developing designs, and implementing and testing solutions.
- Conduct on-going vulnerability scanning and system patching as necessary to reduce cybersecurity risks.
- Conduct daily system monitoring, system backup and restoral, and application upgrades to ensure optimal and continuous system operations.
- Develop and maintain system administration procedures and baseline configuration documentation.
- Be responsible for ensuring system software installs, maintenance, break fix activities, and cyber security mitigations are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
This position will be filled at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 10-12 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 8-10 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 6-8 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 4-6 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 6 years of directly related experience
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or higher
- Candidate must possess an understanding of the system engineering processes
- Candidate must be willing to travel CONUS approx. 10% of the time
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Experience administering a Red Hat Linux environment using Red Hat Identity Management (IdM) Servers
- A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Linux + certification is highly desired for this position
- Familiar with architecture supporting Space Systems environments
- Experience installing, patching, configuring and troubleshooting Linux servers and workstations including associated peripherals
- Experience with DISA tools used in scanning and remediating computer system vulnerabilities
- Experience resolving hardware & software conflicts, performing server maintenance and break/fix activities
- Familiarity with operating within a virtualized environment such as VMWare
- DoD networking experience with classified data networks and strong grasp of red/black concepts and IA compliance
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 8, 2020, 11:54:43 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912