SYSTEMS ENGINEER SR.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Senior Systems Engineers perform tier three systems support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Senior Systems Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of data center hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as systems design and implementation, systems integration, security, ports and protocols, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Senior Systems Engineers test and analyze elements of data center facilities, including power, software, security features, interoperability, and communications, and is responsible for the overall integration of enterprise systems. Senior Systems Engineers are also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of systems solutions. Senior Systems Engineers monitor and control the performance and status of systems resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting system performance. Senior Systems Engineers keeps technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. This position provides guidance and direction for junior systems support administrators and engineers.
Typical duties include:
- Engineer and lead enterprise systems solutions spanning multiple data center vendor products
- Collaborate with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on systems implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in Directory Services technology, including DNS, GPO, ADFS, DFS, Domains and Trust, Sites and Services and Role Based Access Control
- Engineer and lead the enterprise virtual infrastructure and system software components
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in systems technology, including servers, applications, virtual and physical environments, and solutions integrations
- Lead technical teams that integrating new technology into the existing operational environment
- Establish and document baselines to measure service performance and capability across a global enterprise
- Advise senior government staff on industry best practices and provide policy recommendations to implement those practices
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Bachelor's Degree in systems engineering or related field. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
AND any two of the following current vendor certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer
- Linux Professional Institute Professional LIPC-1
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Expert
- Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Oracle Certified Professional
- SUSE Certified Engineer
- Twelve years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and solutions, including two years of specialized experience related to the candidate’s assigned task.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Tampa-20315-ESCM
: Jul 8, 2020, 11:45:14 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7701 Tampa Point Blvd MacDill Air Force Base
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities