About the Role
As a Full Stack Developer, you will specifically play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting Uber ATG's web development technologies. You will have an opportunity to work on and develop your skills in information representation, algorithms and complex computations, UX design and, of course, developing web technologies. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What You'll Do
- Work with Product and Design professionals to define, document, build, and maintain web-centric software.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis without losing sight of the humans who use and benefit from the software you build.
- Help define and apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the work of your teammates and stakeholders.
- Mentor early-career teammates, providing them both in-the-moment support for assigned tasks and perspective on their longer-term professional growth.
What You'll Need / Bonus Points
- You have experience building applications with large-scale data visualization using libraries like mapbox.gl, three.js, deck.gl, or d3.js
- Principles of usability, accessibility, and user experience. You are excited by the pace at which the web evolves. You seek new methods and tools to make great web tools faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end. Deep expertise with principles of architecture patterns and excellent user experience.
- Phenomenal communication skills. We build software for people. We build software with people. You know how to write an effective technical spec, provide feedback to others, translate technical concepts into lay terms, and incorporate feedback into your efforts. You value and practice openness, empathy, kindness, and collaboration.
- A preference for action. You will use good judgment to balance speed and quality. You will deliver products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You will use a self-starter mentality to thrive in a growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small. You will notice where there is a need and will hustle to fill it.
- The drive to make teams stronger. You're excited to work hard and fast to the finish line on new opportunities with a collaborative and integrated team. You will be proactive in engaging conflict with openness, patience and kindness in an environment where it is safe to lean on each other and learn from failures.
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.