Description of Duties:
The Multi-Discipline Engineering (MDE) Product Lead supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Be responsible for managing the IRES support to MDA Labs both collateral and higher than secret. In addition, provide management of a geographically-separated team of Multi-Disciplinary Engineers at 7 locations.
- Lead a team of dedicated engineering and technical support to the MDA SAP Information Technology systems in multiple geographic locations to meet MDA organizational requirements, mission-focused operationally established standards, Government unique technical requirements, and operational functions necessary to support the customer focused, above-baseline SAP IT services. The three focus areas will be basic Tier III Cybersecurity support, Local Area Network (LAN) Management, and Tier I and II Customer Support.
- Provide management and oversight of dedicated engineering and technical support to customer-directed laboratories, facilities, or other specific requirements, where their needs are outside of established catalog of services or agreed-to network or computational performance levels.
- Provide management and oversite of the on-site support teams whose duties include providing Executive Support Services, all Tier 2 and 3 functions including server and infrastructure management services, cable plant and property management, and satisfying all end user (customer) immediate needs.
- Serve as Functional Manager for all IRES MDE personnel, to include performance management, assignment rotation and personnel development, training, and education.
- Author, issue, and assure compliance with all Contract governance and policies pertaining to MDE operations.
- Additionally, the teams will provide support in installing, maintaining, and monitoring all network equipment on multiple level classification networks, and working with other engineers and the Executive Support Services Team in HSV, COS, and the NCR, will troubleshoot and resolve incidents as they arise. If services are provided by the host base, the on-site team will coordinate break-fix actions with the base.
- On-Site teams provide support for missions and mission viewings in their areas as well as overflow support, and shall provide full-scope virtual teleconference facilitation, support, operation, troubleshooting, scheduling, and use.
The candidate will ensure:
- All relevant architecture activities and products are considered and appropriately integrated into activities, products, and services.
- Early-engagement of mission assurance within service/system design that considers risk, security, configuration, quality, and end user feedback.
- Integration of information/cyber security in and among all platforms.
- Services leverage MDA investments in technology; integrate planning, architecture, engineering, and technology to improve the operability and reduce the cost of ownership.
- Service performance and total life cycle cost is balanced with the goal of ensuring that each service is designed with the end user in mind.
- Rigorous configuration management to control and understand change is accomplished.
- Risk reduction measures, recovery options, and COOPs to enable recovery from a minor event to potential contingency operations for a major disaster are considered and implemented.
- Problem Management actions to analyze, diagnose, and permanently resolve the underlying root cause of an issue and minimize the impact of incidents are accomplished.
- Automation and monitoring/alerting mechanisms are leveraged to the maximum extent possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrated leadership skills, a strategic focus to build an engineering/technical services practice, proven ability to strategize for organic internal growth, and the ability to identify, attract, hire, and retain key staff
- Have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with best-practice business practices, preparing contract proposals, managing large/small organizations, leading engineering/technical teams, interfacing with matrixed managed organizations, using Earned Value Management (EVM) processes/procedures, and managing organizational risk
This position can be filled at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO or Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 10 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 9 years of directly related experience
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a management or leadership role
- Must have at least 1 year of experience directly supporting Missile Defense Agency
- Must have, or obtain within 6 months, a DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret with SCI eligibility Security Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Alabama-Redstone Arsenal-20348-RDST
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 8, 2020, 10:00:26 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
5225 Martin Road
Redstone Arsenal 35898