Jacobs is seeking a Security Control Assessment (SCA) Engineer in Reston, VA.
• Act as a member of the security authorization (RMF) team for a federal
• Perform collection of system information, categorization of information
systems, the selection and tailoring of appropriate security controls,
analyzing network scans, updating information system status, all in
accordance with current or revised NIST guidance.
• Provide support for new and existing client information systems, in
accordance with client Security Authorization & Assessment (SA&A)
• Perform Security Impact Analysis (SIA) efforts.
• Providing guidance for remediating all valid ‘Critical’ and ‘High’
vulnerabilities and assuring project owners deploy all accepted
measures into Production.
• Manage accounts and access for the POA&M tracking system
• Provide technical expertise and corresponding recommendations for
updating and improving client SA&A policies, processes, and
• Perform POA&M monitoring, tracking, and reporting.
• Provide POA&M remediation guidance to technical teams and system
• 4+ years of technical experience in cybersecurity
• 4+ years of experience with certification and accreditation (C&A) or A&A
• 4+ years of experience as a security control assessor or validator
• Experience with applying the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
• Experience with Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program
• Experience with NIST special publications (SPs) regarding the SA process,
including SP 800-53, SP 800-137, SP 800-171, and SP 800-37
• Experience with developing and managing continuous monitoring and
plans of action and milestones (POA&M)
• Experience with assessing systems and applications deployed in cloud
environments following federal, healthcare industry, and broader
cybersecurity community guidelines and best Supporting the
implementation of comprehensive security controls consistent with risk
• Ability to work with collateral engineers, analysts and managers on related
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating
and ensuring scheduled goals are met
• Able to communicate effectively through written and verbal means to co-
workers and senior leadership
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston-20351-VARE
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2020, 7:37:38 PM
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
11091 Sunset Hills Road Suite 777
Capabilities: Cyber Security