Description of Duties:
The System Administrator supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Build, install, configure and deploy new physical and virtual computer systems, servers and tools using developer provided baseline documentation
- Upgrade and/or implement baseline system hardware, software and configuration changes using developer documentation
- Document installation, configuration, changes and maintenance actions to baseline systems and software in appropriate systems of record
- Monitor, administer and maintain baseline systems on a daily basis to ensure operation, function and cyber posture meets mission requirements
- Review and analyze appropriate system logs for performance and behavior anomalies, determine negative trends, and develop recommended corrective actions
- Develop appropriate policies, procedures and instructions as necessary to ensure continuity and standardization of maintenance throughout lifecycle of the systems
- Provide technical advice and recommendations to the customer regarding system performance, improvement and optimization strategies affecting mission and operational decisions
- Coordinate actions and efforts as needed with appropriate team members, internal and external teams, customers, stakeholders and leaders to effectively execute tasks, solve problems and develop solutions with minimal to no mission impact
- Administer systems during MDA off-hour and weekend test events when required
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 8 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 6 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 2 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 4 years of directly related experience in the area(s) of business systems, operating systems, and servers and/or light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting.
- DoD approved 8570 IAT Level II certification, such as Security+ CE
- VMWare 6.0 or higher experience (building, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting and managing virtual machines)
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Windows 7/10 or Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016 experience
- Linux RHEL 6 or higher experience
- ACAS Administration knowledge
- HBSS Administration knowledge
- DoD IT Systems experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 9, 2020, 7:49:48 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912