Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs our Electrical Engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Our skills include traditional and adaptive traffic signal systems, connected and automated vehicle communications systems, power system planning, power distribution, lighting design, fire and life safety systems, vertical transportation and construction coordination.
As a vital member of our New York City team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on complex projects as an ITS Engineer within our electrical engineering team. You’ll be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and maintaining (ITS) devices and systems, adaptive traffic signal systems, networking infrastructures, connected and automated vehicle systems and other transportation communication facilities. You’ll be responsible for a mix of field and office time with work related travel, outdoor field integration and oversight of ITS deployments.
You’ll also assist with the development of communications system designs to meet the functional requirements of the project. Planning, designing and testing connected and automated vehicle systems, assisting with the development of ITS System Architectures and assisting with the development of ITS plans, specifications and estimates are all core responsibilities. You’ll work alongside teams of multi-disciplinary civil and electrical engineers to develop projects. You’ll also monitor contractor services during system installation, diagnose ITS communication equipment and have a strong understanding of Fiber Optic Networks.
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as an ITS Engineering Professional.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution
• At least 4 years related experience in ITS and traffic engineering
• Experience and proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCad
• Engineering in Training (E.I.T) or the ability to obtain the E.I.T.
• Commitment to pursue Professional Engineer licensing
• Ability to obtain United States Department of Defense security clearance is required Experience Visio and Microsoft Office
• Understanding of power distribution and low voltage systems
• Valid Driver’s license
• Must have strong oral and written communications skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• An attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
• Previous government, institutional, or commercial facilities background
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Morristown-US NJ Morristown - Kemble Avenue
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2020, 9:15:30 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NJ Morristown - Kemble Avenue
412 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Downtown Building - 1st Floor
Capabilities: Intelligence Analysis