Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a Configuration Management Specialist to join our team with Barrios Technology, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As a Configuration Management Specialist you will:
- Implement and manage the Exploration EMU Project configuration management (CM) plan:
- Ensure subsystem plans align to project plan.
- Ensure CM plans comply with CM policies of JSC and NASA.
- Assist and ensure personnel are following the CM plan.
- Support hardware configuration and tracking; ensure compliance with approved configuration management requirements.
- Review project documentation:
- Ensure documentation utilizes project templates, has correct formatting, and is free of grammatical and reference error (e.g., table, figure, and paragraph references are correctly linked; first use of acronyms spelled out; all acronyms defined in list, etc.)
- Ensure nomenclature is used/referenced consistently across all project documentation and drawings.
- Generate and maintain project documents, drawings, form templates.
- Process Change Requests (CRs):
- Serve as focal point for change initiators.
- Ensure CRs are properly completed, including the Impact Assessment.
- Manage CR review process, including distributing CR to necessary reviewers, receiving and publishing reviewer comments, tracking closure, and routing document/CR for signatures.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus three (3) years of appropriate and progressive experience; additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, industrial management, or appropriate discipline, and six (6) years progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products to accomplish documentation editing and revision.
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Pro and SharePoint.
- Experience working in configuration and document control on multiple small and medium projects.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and ability of configuration management tools through experience in the field.
- Must be able to accurately communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing.
- Prior experience with NASA documentation processes and procedures.
- Experience with hardware configuration management practices.
Why Work on Our Team?
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please click on the links below:
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
Excellent personal and professional career growth
9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Come join our team and be a part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Jacobs is a background screening, drug free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston-20331-ESCG
: Jul 9, 2020, 9:22:19 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2224 Bay Area Boulevard
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities