Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels. The Wind Tunnel Test Technician is an integral part of vehicle development; using cutting edge technology to create the vehicles of tomorrow.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prep/de-prep of vehicles (wind tunnel instrumentation install/removal)
- Operate wind tunnels and chassis dynos
- Interface/ support customers in the garage, soak rooms, and test cells
- First responders to all radio calls
- Receive and release vehicles in database
- Status of vehicles in numerous data bases
- Install and remove camo from test vehicles
- Wash vehicles as necessary
- Support cold chamber defrost/defog testing
- Driver support for test cells and soak rooms
- Provide support to all Technicians
- Clean and organize all garage areas
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- 3 years’ experience as an automotive mechanic or wind tunnel / dyno operator.
- General knowledge of automotive parts and general functionality
- General knowledge of basic electrical test methodologies
- General knowledge of computers & interfacing skills
- General technical aptitude
- Good customer service skills and attitude
- Good communication skills
- Available to work day shift
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Parts cables, and light-weight instrumentation, up to 50 lbs., 60%
- Climbing: NA
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, gloves, hardened toe slip resistant shoes, 100%. Cold gear when needed (provided at site).
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor.
- High noise level: High noise in some work areas, requiring use of hearing protection, 20%
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside test facility, 90%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: -40F to 140F. Very limited exposure at extreme temperatures.10%
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Energized samples, rotating parts, 50%
- Travel/transportation requirements: Occasional local travel, 5%
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, copy machines, fax machines, 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: Low lift and fork lift (will be certified on site), 15%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Hand tools, multi-meters, and other electrical diagnostic devices, 10%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday with occasional over time and weekends.
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Day shift, but must be able to support our flexible test schedule into other shifts and/or weekends. Potential to move to an off-shift based on demand.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check in addition to:
- Altitude exam
- Power Motor Vehicle Exam
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Michigan-Allen Park-20313-DETO-02
: Jul 9, 2020, 9:26:31 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Allen Park 48101
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities