We are seeking Mechanical Engineers to build a roster in support of our FEMA client in PR for disaster recovery efforts. We are seeking local candidates to help support our program locally.
Jacobs has a contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), known as the “Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC)” to provide technical assistance support for FEMA disaster related operations throughout the U.S.
In this role, you may have the following general responsibilities:
• Reviewing information gathered during the Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) for assigned Applicants
• Conducting Exploratory Calls to gather information from Applicants using assigned templates
• Developing an understanding of each Applicants’ projects and recovery priorities
• Conducting and facilitating Recovery Scoping Meetings with Applicants using assigned documents
• Working with Applicants to logically group and prioritize projects based on the Applicant’s recovery priorities
• Establishing regular meetings with the Applicant to facilitate the program delivery and recovery process
• Tracking and following-up with the Applicant on FEMA’s Requests for Information and documentation submission
• Coordinating transmittal of documents and information between the Applicant and FEMA’s Consolidated Resource Centers utilizing a web-based tool, phone, and email
• Scheduling site inspections with the Applicants and coordinating them with the Site Inspector Task Force Leader
• Identifying need for and engaging technical specialists and environmental/historic preservation compliance specialists when appropriate throughout the program delivery process
• Reviewing and validating damage details, scopes of work, and costs with the Applicant
• Participating in regular FEMA meetings by providing updates on work status
• Evaluating claims and making recommendations to FEMA as to whether the claim is eligible
• Discussing and resolving eligibility issues
• By day 55 after the Recovery Scoping Meeting, verifying with the Applicants that all disaster-related damages have been identified and documented
• Assist with the development of the Determination Memo by completing appropriate sections and communicating final determinations to the Applicants
• Conducting Exit Briefing with the Applicant using assigned documents
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based on the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of the work, selected candidates must meet the following requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Special Note: The initial work for FEMA may be up to 12 hours per day, 5-6 days per week. Rotations home approximately every 45-60 days (5-7 days) are provided to each deployed staff as approved by FEMA management.
: United States-Puerto Rico-San Juan-US PR San Juan - Jacobs Puerto Rico Inc.
: Jul 9, 2020, 10:05:53 PM
: Planning & Consulting
US PR San Juan - Jacobs Puerto Rico Inc.
#5 GANGES ST.
San Juan 00926