About the Role
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our team to solve complex problems in measurement, forecasting and decision science for Uber's marketing and ad tech teams using cutting edge machine learning and optimization and forecasting algorithms. The ideal candidate needs to have a demonstrable ability to successfully apply rigorous scientific methods with creativity and proficiency in technical capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and have a direct impact on a business at a global scale.
What you will do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research.
- Leverage models to address key growth challenges and provide actionable insights on problems such as LTV forecasting, market/individual level response modeling, cross-channel optimization, targeting optimization, and etc.
- Provide thought leadership in applying innovative machine learning techniques to solve complex data science problems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and enhance data-driven solutions.
- Leverage large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product and engineering teams. Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meetings etc.
- Lead a small team
What you will need
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience as a data scientist
- Expertise with Python (preferred) or R
- Expertise with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. time series, regression, neural networks, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization).
- Advanced SQL skills - comfortable working with very large data sets.
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus.
- Great communication skills, organized, able to multitask and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.