Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, IT Portfolio Management to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Drive strategy and lead execution of the Annual Planning and Forecasting processes; meet with the development Leads, aggregating demand, sanitizing the data, and computing capacity constraints
- Participate in executing the strategy for the Portfolio Management framework; areas of focus will include Financial Transparency, Resource Capacity Planning, Governance, Portfolio Balancing & Alignment and Tools
- Lead IT Governance meetings, interfacing with Portfolio Leads, Program Managers, Delivery Managers, Project Management Office, Project Managers and IT leadership to coordinate the capture of business opportunities
- Run Portfolio Balancing exercises with the Portfolio Leads in order to ensure that the IT Portfolio remains balanced and does not overspend; design and analyze the series of reports required for Portfolio financials, metrics, health and schedule; research and write the associated narratives to explain report findings
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting teams to ensure that projects have the correct financial representation in the Project Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) tools; cash figures must be converted into Profit & Loss views and remain in alignment with Finance & Accounting methodologies
- Develop and create Benefits Realization Process that includes Benefits Definition, Measurement, and Realization; ability to lead and execute project deliverables in order to deliver change and achieve the defined IT Portfolio Management strategy
- Minimum eight years of experience in Portfolio Management or related activities such as Investment Governance / PMO / PFMO / EPMO
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Experience with program/ multi-project management; governance and decision-making, business case development, budget and resource management and initiative portfolio management
- Experience working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions with IT organizational and cross-functional awareness
- Strong proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas) and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work; must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team; and foster the development of high performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.