Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, IT Security Monitoring and Response to join our Digital Nexus organization.
- Envision, develop, implement, and continuously optimize and enhance a global insider risk management strategy and program to protect the firm; develop processes to identify and incorporate lessons learned that will improve future detection and prevention efforts
- Engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure programs appropriately balance privacy, ethical, legal, and corporate cultural standards
- Manage the operation of data collection and analysis systems in support of insider threat detection activities
- Create detection methods, behavioral models, and use cases supporting the discovery of accidental or malicious activities undertaken or soon to be undertaken by insiders that would violate corporate policy or cause harm to firm or firm’s clients
- Perform initial triage on detected anomalous insider activity, passing high risk leads to the global investigations team for further pursuit
- Develop metrics and reporting mechanisms to track program efficacy and efficiency, and to share situational awareness with relevant stakeholders; as well as influence and inform the development and enhancement of corporate policies in support of insider risk management objectives
- Minimum 8 years of Security monitoring experience and incident response activities, preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment; as well as experience leading security operations teams and experience with IT process definition and / or improvement
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proficient in, and able to formulate a strategic view, including the cost effectiveness benefit of security initiatives in the context of overall business risk mitigation and the company’s operational objectives
- Adept in full life-cycle project management with these critical investigative skills: inquiry and analysis, interviewing, testing, organization and presentation (both written and oral), with the ability to research and resolve issues independently
- Skillful influencer with clear and consistent messaging to effectively delineate the purpose of the information security program
- Experience developing and operating an insider threat program, especially related to information handling and the protection of confidential information
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.