Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Data Operations Metadata Library to join our Digital Nexus organization.
- Lead a cross-functional metadata working group to guide the design and related resolution of issues around metadata ontology and set-up; contribute to Metadata standards and strategy in conjunction with data governance leadership
- Engage business to identify and define the firm's data domains and ownership; setup, configure, and roll out the metadata libraries to stakeholders; collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to implement and maintain technical metadata ingestion methodologies
- Develop change control process, workflows, and procedures; improve training materials including related playbooks (e.g., metadata change control); produce and maintain metadata related Data Governance documentation and artifacts
- Utilize stewardship dashboards and related reporting and workflows associated with the metadata tools
- Create metadata library adoption and communication program (integrating the CDO communication plan)
- Mentor data stakeholders on proper usage of the metadata libraries and best practices - integrate with Data Governance Team
- Minimum eight years of experience managing Metadata Management tools and the development of ontologies (metadata naming schema)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proven track record of successful Metadata deployment and operationalization; delivering customer-centric metadata initiatives to successful steady state; experience with Collibra required
- Possess Metadata skillsets which include metadata management, data governance, lineage, data structures, and modeling in both a structured and unstructured data environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work; must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team and foster the development of high performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.