The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in Major Projects and Contract Advisory for our Deal Advisory practice.
- Assist with construction contract audits, compliance reviews, and project oversight and monitoring functions for large capital projects
- Define and implement recommendations including construction management policies and procedures, processes, internal controls, roles and responsibilities, reporting, and supporting information technology
- Conduct project reviews to evaluate percentage of completion, probability of recovery for change orders and claims, reasonableness of the estimate to complete construction, schedule delays, defective specifications, and loss of productivity
- Work with engagement teams to perform field work, including data collection, analysis, and work paper documentation; prepare, edit, and proofread narrative reports and presentations of observations and recommendations
- Work closely, but independently, under the guidance of Directors and Partners
- Two to six years of experience in construction management and/or construction advisory services with increasing roles and responsibilities in major power and utilities, oil and gas, infrastructure, manufacturing, healthcare, or public sector projects
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science, Construction Management, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited college/university; P.E, PMI, CCM, CPA, AIA, or other professional certification is preferred
- Knowledge in various phases of construction including planning and work breakdown structures, pre-construction services, sourcing and procurement of contracts, contract administration, scheduling, cost estimating, quality management, project reporting, and project closeout
- Experience using various project management tools like Primavera Enterprise©, Prolog©, Maximo© and other toolsets
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, records retention and work paper organizational skills
- Travel may be up to eighty to one hundred percent
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.