The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Senior Associate in Risk & Compliance - FS Regulatory & Compliance for our Risk Advisory Solutions practice.
* Assist financial services clients with addressing enterprise-wide compliance, including compliance risk management programs as well as targeted regulations and requirements, such as: Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) and other of the consumer regulatory guidance
* Help enhance the development and implementation of new compliance protocols as new regulations emerge and laws change; remain current on marketplace and regulatory topics and trends, and apply insights during the delivery of engagements
* Collect information and data through effective client interviews, system queries, and internal/external research; Complete qualitative and quantitative data analysis, present information translated to client needs and provide recommendations
* Develop and sustain strong relationships with client personnel and KPMG colleagues
* Assist with the design, preparation, and analysis of findings and reports, leveraging strong written communication skills; Communicate and present information to clients and colleagues in a clear, logical, and concise manner
* Support internal initiatives and strategic growth initiatives
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate:
* Supervise and mentor associates, new hires, and interns on engagements
* Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and engagement leadership
* Participate and/or lead meetings with the client and engagement team; proactively identify opportunities to enhance professional practices and processes and assist with business development initiatives, including the development of proposals
* Minimum one year of experience in regulatory compliance as a bank compliance manager and/or officer, compliance auditor, regulatory counsel, or at a federal banking agency, with professional designations such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or commissioned examiner is preferred
* Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited college/university with a preference for Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Law, MIS, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or other qualified business-related degree
* Excellent ability to listen and comprehend new content, including concepts, terminology, business operations; knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations (HMDA, TILA, Reg Z/C/CC/D/DD/E/etc.). associated with this consumer regulatory compliance practice
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work with diverse work styles and personalities, manage multiple tasks autonomously, and prioritize changing workloads
* Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem solving abilities with strong verbal and written communication skills and general understanding of data analysis techniques
* Ability to travel and work hours needed to meet client deadlines, at times with relatively short notice, working onsite at client premises approximately 80% of the time
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
* Minimum three years of related consumer compliance regulatory work experience
* Well established understanding of consumer financial services operations and consumer compliance
* Demonstrated leadership abilities, supporting the oversight of projects and/or the efforts of others
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.