Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, IT Senior Project Management to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Collaborate with internal customers and teams to develop and maintain project and/or program artifacts, such as scope, approach, solution, plan, resources, and estimates
- Develop, track and manage project forecasts and costs; request budget allocation and reallocations; ensure project and/or program is within budget; manage and control changes to scope
- Facilitate team meetings, publish meeting notes and action items, ensure follow up with team members, update project documents and systems, ensure timely completion of action items; facilitate post project/phase reviews
- Adhere and contribute to project management standards and processes including tools and reporting; mentor and train less experienced team members on standards, processes and tools
- Communicate project status and be the project advocate; take responsibility for proactive risk and issue management; ensure mitigating strategies or contingencies are appropriately applied to anticipated risks and issues
- Establish positive and collaborative relationships with customers and demonstrate a clear understanding of both internal and external customer requirements and success criteria; integrate and align with other departmental processes and solutions
- Minimum five years of recent experience managing projects in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Prior project management experience that includes full lifecycle software development, IT transformation and infrastructure deployment methodologies and industry best practices; experience as a ScrumMaster, leading Agile ceremonies, facilitating scrum teams, measuring team velocity, reporting on team progress, and removing impediments for assigned team(s) as well as coordinating a Sprint backlog in conjunction with Product Owner and team members preferred
- Ability to manage three medium risk projects and/or one program of small to medium complexity projects concurrently, including multi-phase, multi-track projects with up to 30 project team members
- Excellent verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work
- Adept in trouble-shooting and organizational skills as well as the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, able to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.