At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Accounting Methods and Credit Services practice.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to conduct research and development (R&D) tax credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
- Assistance on federal tax consulting services, including section 199 domestic production activities deduction, accounting method assessments, design and implementation of projects related to revenue and expense recognition, capitalized items, fixed assets and inventories
- Communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering
- Manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering and coordination of KPMG and client resources
- Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS ruling requests and writing other technical memoranda
- Develop and sustain excellent client relationships and assist in business development effort
- A minimum of five years of experience in a public accounting firm or corporate taxation experience, including experience in accounting methods and credit services
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from commencement of employment)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access; experience performing internet research
- Ability to travel and work at client locations
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.