Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a new Roadway Construction Inspector to join our team. This person will inspect construction methods and workmanship to ensure that contractors build roadways, bridges, traffic signals and related highway elements in accordance with contract plans and specifications. Performs work related to transportation engineering activities such as: review, inspect and approve traffic control systems including lane closures in accordance with Caltrans standards and the requirements. Assists Resident Engineer in all aspects of required field and office construction engineering work. Employee at this level performs work independently on assignments; however, all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor. Work locations vary within: San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
• Observe and inspect ongoing construction roadway work on site.
• Inspect traffic control systems for compliance.
• Review plans and specifications to ensure that work is in compliance with project plans and specifications.
• Complete pay quantity sheets for actual work completed and assist with monthly pay estimates.
• Assist with preparation, analysis and review of contract change orders (CCO).
• Assist with the review of Critical Path Method (CPM) Schedule analysis.
• Assist with Water Pollution Control Program (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) enforcement.
• Maintain a detailed daily report of construction activities of work in progress and status of completion and discusses construction related problems with the supervisor.
• Promote and maintain safe working environment.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in civil engineering (ABET university), required
• 15+ years of experience in roadway construction inspection of highways required.
• Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
• Ability to walk construction site, including walking up and down slopes.
• Ability to effectively follow instructions and deal effectively with contractors and public.
• Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure, and bridge plans and specifications.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles-US CA Los Angeles - Los Angeles - Wilshire Blvd
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2020, 3:16:13 AM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CA Los Angeles - Los Angeles - Wilshire Blvd
1000 WILSHIRE BLVD SUITE 2100
Los Angeles 90017
Capabilities: Highway and Roads