Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Systems Administrators perform tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Systems Administrators must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s systems’ hardware and software. The position requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Systems Administrators monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers. This position studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations. Systems Administrators continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure. This position manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. Systems Administrators confer with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. Systems Administrators maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
Typical duties include:
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Complete troubleshooting issues related to Horizon VDI components
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
- Provide Systems Administrator support to systems hosting complex operational databases, software configuration control, and system interfaces for computer systems
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
- A minimum of four years of related experience as a Systems Administrator or eight years supporting complex end user desktop and mobile device support
- Associate degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- MCSA relevant to the candidate's work area OR
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) OR
- Microsoft Certified Associate relevant to work area OR
- AWS Sys Ops Administrator Associate OR
- Nutanix Certified Professional OR
- Microsoft Project 2013 Inside and Out OR
- MCTS: SCCM
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
#SITEC #I2S Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
: United States-Florida-Tampa-20315-ESCM
: Jul 12, 2020, 12:30:08 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7701 Tampa Point Blvd MacDill Air Force Base
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities