As the Construction Project Coordinator / Project Engineer your role may include support of Design and Procurement but would focus on the overview of the Subcontractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety for the Spent Fuel Handling Project near the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab. The Construction Project Coordinator will interact with all structure segment managers and will coordinate and cooperate with client and subcontractor staff and/or its consultants, in carrying out their day-to-day duties.
- Responsible for overall project deliverables (cost, schedule, quality, information) on multiple subcontracts
- Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
- Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Manages the review and approval process for contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Construction Management degree or Engineering degree
- Some experience on similar DOE or Large construction projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications and technical submittals for compliance.
- Ideal candidate would have up to 5 to 10 years of work experience
- Working knowledge of computer software systems for processing Submittals, includes Microsoft office suite and Databases
- Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to maintain continuous communication with the Contract Manager, Project Controls Manager, Senior Engineer(s), and Client personnel.
- Must be able to walk long distances over potential rough terrain in all types of typical weather conditions.
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders to inspect work is also required.
- Exposure to weather elements while in the field is expected.
- USA citizenship is required for security clearance. (No dual citizenship)
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs. Project Information The work location for this position is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Experience with PROLOG Software system (or similar)
- NQA-1 understanding/experience
- DOE project experience
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Training
- Someone already residing a commutable distance from the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab area to make the commute daily is preferred.
: United States-Idaho-Idaho Falls-20355-SFHP
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 11, 2020, 3:54:38 AM
: Project Management
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
501 W Broadway Suite 200
Idaho Falls 83402