Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Data Operations – Data Lake Enablement to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Accountable for enabling the systems, analytic tools, and interfacing between the data and those that will use the data within the enterprise data lake ecosystem
- Help increase the technical cooperation between the data harmonization team and the data solutions team
- Pull together data such that it can be easily digested by automated tools; process the data into clean, accessible sets; transform raw and disparate data sets into inputs for computational analytics efforts.
- Implement the appropriate governance structure to prescribe data handling, protection, and user provisioning controls
- Design, deploy, and move data between zone-based containers to include raw, harmonized, enriched, curated, analytic, and training zones
- Perform operational activities related to data management such as metadata capture, data quality, data security, data lineage, data inventory; Integrate data and metadata with enterprise tools
- Minimum of five years of experience making data fit for a purpose
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Experience with build/use common software engineering methodologies like unit and integration testing, version control, and APIs; experience programming and developing scripts or leveraging tools to extract, transform, and load data in big data platform; as well as ability to present data in a clean, reliable, reusable, and simple-to-use way
- Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work; have strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; as well as ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
- U.S. Citizenship required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.