Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Network Operations Center to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
- Provide 24/7 network and system support and monitoring for business critical environments; monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions
- Ensure successful completion of all scheduled jobs, communicating with customers and internal staff at regular intervals, ensuring expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to incidents
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate on incidents from inception to resolution including root cause analysis; drive continuous improvement to monitoring services and internal processes for resolution of support requests and production incidents
- Apply tools and techniques to proactively search for and document potential issues in production environments, and work with other team resources to ensure the highest possible quality of service
- Manage and coordinate Major Incidents to resolution; deliver Root Cause Analysis reporting and trending; provide guidance to Level 1 staff; use standard runbooks to mitigate or resolve incoming incident and support requests, escalating to appropriate teams as necessary and ensure all support documentation and knowledge bases remain accurate and up to date
- Minimum five years of recent experience supporting critical infrastructure systems and/or managing a network.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Experience in supporting Windows and Linux operating systems, network, server, and storage systems (i.e., Cisco, Juniper, F5, Cisco UCS, EMC, 3PAR) DNS, Active Directory, IIS, and network troubleshooting; working knowledge of monitoring platforms and analysis applications such as Nagios, SCOM, SolarWinds, Splunk, AppDynamics and BMC Patrol; batch scheduling systems such as Tivoli Workload Scheduler Databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Hadoop
- Understanding of IT operational processes including Incident and Problem Management with proficiency in one or more scripting languages
- Strong troubleshooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.