Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Pension to join our Human Resources organization.
- Joint supervision/management of in-house administration of the firm’s pension/savings plans and function as one of several subject matter professionals for the plans that KPMG administers; monitor new compliance issues and assist in the compliance of government filings, annual financial reports, as well as the maintenance/execution of plan documents and amendments
- Manually produce and/or review pension benefit determinations, calculations, and payment authorizations for current and legacy plans using proficiency with actuarial skills and concepts
- Collaborate in various short and long term projects and work on the development, technical implementation, and communications of pension and savings plan matters; oversee special project work which may include systems testing, acquisitions, divestitures, annual statement review, trustee/vendor conversion, and overall data review and clean-up; active management of large databases; provide quantitative analysis and produce custom reporting
- Perform active management of defined contribution plan vendor and produce work associated with those plans including match and/or contribution calculations, support with recurring 401(k) internal processes regarding loans and payroll issues, as well as support with annual non-discrimination testing
- Communicate directly with partners, employees, and ancillary individuals on advanced issues; interface with plan actuaries and other plan vendors and handle system related issues; build and maintain relationships with Human Resource peers and other key internal individuals to establish partnerships and create value added services
- Oversee procedural integrity and compliance related activities which include helping to ensure existing policies/procedures are in compliance with plan documents and applicable law; create new policies/procedures as needed; assist with annual pension and savings plan audit processes and serve as a liaison with outside and internal auditors
- Minimum eight years of recent experience within the pension field; strong knowledge and active use of actuarial skills and concepts is required
- Minimum four years of prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced Excel skills required with ability to analyze and manage large databases; strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of qualified and non-qualified defined benefit and defined contribution plans; advanced knowledge of compliance and government regulations related to qualified and non-qualified plans including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL), and Internal Revenue Code (IRC)
- Outstanding leadership and project management skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.