Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
The Automotive Safety Lab Test Technician is an integral part of the vehicle development process. You will use cutting edge technology to help create the vehicles of tomorrow
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Test Lab instrumentation including application, installation, and calibration and troubleshooting of transducers, accelerometers, load cells, potentiometers and other various types of electrical equipment.
- Support testing in the areas of front/rear impact, interior head impact, head-form impact, Servo and HYGE sled operation, etc.
- Testing responsibilities include fixture fabrication, mechanical preparation and instrumentation, test execution, data collection and post test removal of test equipment and components.
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge, welding experience (MIG, TIG, Arc), basic machine shop / fabrication experience.
- Must be able to work afternoon shift after the initial training period.
- Flexibility to rotate to day shifts as needed for an extended period.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license to pass PMHV licensing.
Equipment experience includes operation of: HYGE or Servo sled, Tinius or Instron, airbags and safety restraint systems.
- Associate in Automotive Technology or related field of study.
- Experience in an occupant safety testing facility and performance testing on airbag and safety restraint systems.
- Experience with instrumentation used in safety testing, including TC’s, Load Cells, Strain Gages, String Pots, Accelerometers, CMM equipment, etc.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs, 25%
- Climbing: 25%
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, safety shoes, 100%
- Unusual physical requirements: Manual handling of powered material handling vehicle (PMHV), 75%. Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
- High noise level: Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB)
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: NA
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: Must pass PMHV licensing.
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: PMMHV, 25%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Air driven sockets, basic hand tools, 25%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday.
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Afternoon shift 3:00pm to 11:30pm. Candidate must be available to train on the day shift.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical, 100%
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical, 100%
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work afternoons to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, PHMV exam and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
: United States-Michigan-Dearborn-20313-DETO-05
: Jul 14, 2020, 1:34:40 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities