Jacobs has an opening for a Software Engineer in Columbia, MD. The Software Engineer will be expected to:
- Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Work individually or as part of a team. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified existing software to add new features.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Develop Java programs with Oracle DB and external resource connections.
- Design and develop new security tools, solutions, and services to enhance security.
- Provide software engineering support for enhancement and stability of secure access solutions.
- Write computer programs.
- Troubleshoot and debug computer programs.
- Write software documentation.
- Implement algorithms in code.
- Support the team to meet deliverable schedules.
- Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- IAT Level II baseline certification defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
- Active TS/SCI with current polygraph
- Windows and Linux experience.
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Experience with Data Protection.
- Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: Sitting, Eyes, Hands)
- May involve long periods of sitting
Equipment and Machines:
- An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
- Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
- Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
Other Essential Functions:
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
- Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Columbia-20351-VDMD
: Jul 14, 2020, 1:21:11 AM
Job Classification: Fulltime - Temporary
Capabilities: Cyber Security