Jacobs is seeking a Software Engineer with an active TS/SCI polygraph clearance. This position is located in the Reston, VA ara. Duties include:
- Software architecture, design, coding, integration, testing, and deployment of a Web application hosted on a Linux system
- Constantly seek ways to improve the deployed product and streamline the user experience to bring speed to the application as performance and ease of use to find information are the application’s main selling point
- In responding to work orders, be able anticipate integration efforts and critical paths in the development time line
- Manage and execute the development, integration and testing on time
- Mentor junior team members and provide architectural and design guidance contributions to the team
- Understand requirements analysis and software development time estimation in an agile development environment via Sprints
- Familiar with code refactoring, object oriented programming, database queries via SQL and optimization, Ajax and web services, browser certificates for user identification and authentication, user roles and permissions, and RESTful state web query design and implementation
- Knowledge of web application client side and server side development and how they work together is a must
- Experience with creating automated unit tests using frameworks, such as Junit or RSpec
- Active TS/SCI polygraph
- A minimum of 11 years of experience specific to the skill must be reflected.
- Experience with DevOps tools (i.e., GitHub, Jenkins)
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful and/or SOAP APIs, in a variety of data formats , such as XML and JSON
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure (Instances, RDS, Load Balancing, etc.)
- Experience with mySQL or equivalent relational database systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services cloud environment and tools
- The following experiences are highly desired:
- Ansible and associated technologies
- Network Service Modeling experience
- Network automatoin and network management
- Cisco Network Orchestrator is desirable
- Relational database development with mySQL or Oracle
- Operating System Scripting in Linux and Windows
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed.
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 14, 2020, 12:38:45 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities