Jacobs is seeking a Full Service Project Manager in Chantilly, VA. Duties will include:
- Serves as the manager for large, complex network integration projects (or a group of task orders affecting the same common/standard/migration system) and shall work with the Government's authorized representative and customer agency representatives
- Under the guidance of the PM lead, the candidate is responsible for the overall management of IT Projects and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner
- Performs enterprise-wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems
- Plans and supervises multiple projects and/or task orders involving complex information systems software development
- Plans, directs, and coordinates computer-related activities including electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming
- Performs day-to-day management of the project and develops long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements will be satisfied in future years of the contract
- Accountable for meeting contractual performance criteria and due dates during service delivery, and successful overall project completion
- Full Service PMs make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished. Issues requiring monetary approval have to go up the reporting chain. Outside of the project framework the employee does not have approving authority for major monetary decisions
- The prioritization of projects and the daily schedule of the FS PMs are determined by the lead. Only urgent or high profile projects may be directed down to the team
- Ensures that Contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines, tasking guidance from the Government is clear and unambiguous, contract personnel are qualified to perform the tasks, and potential personnel problems are pre-empted
- Consults and coordinates with the appropriate Task Manager for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training needs, and task clarification
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements
- Direct daily operations of department by: analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
- Stay abreast of advances in technology
- Plan and coordinate activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites. They are increasingly involved with the upkeep, maintenance, and security of networks
- Analyze the computer and information needs of their organizations from an operational and strategic perspective and determine immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements
- Provide Weekly Status reports and Monthly status reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- High school diploma/GED required
- Requires a minimum of six full years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times.
- Prior experience with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels, voice technologies, Microsoft Project, ESMT
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Judgement and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Possess the ability to quickly and strategically adjust project activities in relation to internal/external team actions
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
Advanced knowledge the customer and the inner workings of the organization are critical to this position
Essential Job Functions
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending, carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday; however, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Chantilly-20340-CHTL
: Jul 13, 2020, 10:59:36 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Enterprise IT