Jacobs has an opening for an IT Project Manager with an active TS/SCI Polygraph in the Reston, VA area.
The IT Project Manager will serve as a project manager for large, complex network integration projects. Responsible for the overall management of the specific IT Projects and insuring that the project technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner while meeting the Government’s strict network security standards. Perform enterprise wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional service providers. Plan and supervise multiple projects and tasks involving complex information systems. Duties include:
• Serve as the contract project manager supporting SSB’s internal and external customers
• Attend PMRs, Customer, Center and Engineering meetings
• Utilize understanding of customer’s Project Management Framework (PMF) and CG’s enterprise change control process
• Working with the Product Owner to deliver maximum customer value
• Assist in the creation, baseline, and maintenance of all project documentation
• Ensure that the project technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner
• Track project level requirements and prioritization
• Create internal and external documents and briefings
• Facilitate coordination between the customer and project stakeholders
• Manage procurement of material and equipment
• Provide team metric reports to track project management efforts and compliance
- Active TS/SCI with POLY required
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and able to stay focused on critical tasks
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with and integrating commercial-off-the-shelf or Open Source products in the community environment
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience planning, developing, and executing a project plan within the customer’s IT lifecycle, control gates, and security process.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience coordinating and leading projects through the software development life cycle, starting in a prototyping environment to refine requirements and then moving to a production system in a DevOps approach.
- Demonstrated ability transforming business requirements into technical requirements to meet mission demands and ensuring mission impact.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining project sprint calendar, conducting pre-sprint planning, post-sprint retrospectives
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting/scheduling Project Management control gates, ensuring documentation is submitted and accurate, ensuring PM and stakeholder. Should also be able to share with teams, engineers, PMs and managers how PM frameworks can be adapted to allow for Agile practices
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
• ITILv3 Foundation
• Experience in Customer’s onsite systems: ESMT, JIRA, ServiceNow
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 16, 2020, 7:52:02 PM
: Project Management
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities