DescriptionWe challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 globally ranked water treatment engineering firm, and with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Site Civil Design Engineer in Portland, Oregon to support our water and wastewater design projects.
As a key member of our Corvallis team, you’ll have the chance to work on challenging water projects ranging from small facility upgrades to large scale green field treatment plant facilities. You’ll get to work on site civil layout, grading and drainage (hydrology and hydraulics) design, geometric design of roadways including design of horizontal and vertical alignments, super elevation design, signing, striping, erosion control, maintenance of traffic during construction, quantity take-offs, and design review. You’ll work closely with our talented project teams through all phases of plan production as we carry projects from concept design to bid ready documents.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
QualificationsHere’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Environmental or Transportation
• Up to 2 years engineering experience in any of the following: site layout, stormwater, permitting, land development, conveyance, grading and drainage design.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Experience with MicroStation and Inroads/Openroads design experience. Civil 3D experience a plus
• Familiarity with Geopak and AutoTurn
• Familiar with drainage programs such as HY-8, Culvertmaster, Flowmaster, Inroads Storm and Sanitary, TR-55
• Experience with Design-Build, CMAR/CM-GC and/or EPC projects
• Construction support services for projects
• Fundamentals of Engineer (FE) certification or ability to get within a year
• Good communication skills and technical writing skills
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland-US OR Portland - Fourth Ave Rd Flr
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2020, 12:17:13 AM
Job Type: Graduate Job
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US OR Portland - Fourth Ave Rd Flr
2020 SW 4th Avenue, 3rd Floor
Capabilities: Water and Wastewater