The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting, and accounting transactions processes including controls related to Federal entities
- Review and evaluate Federal financial business processes and financial statements
- Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
- Supervise and review work performed by other staff and interact with the manager on client and team matters
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services
- Contribute to design, preparation, and analysis of reports and findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner
- A minimum of three years of combined experience in government financial management, focusing on Federal financial reporting and/or auditing in accordance with Office of Management & Budget (OMB) guidance, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) standards, and Government Accountability Office (GAO) Yellow Book
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; CPA and/or CGFM/CDFM certifications preferred
- Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities; working knowledge of the USSGL preferred
- Experience analyzing financial and systems processes and controls
- Position is located in Quantico, VA
- Ability to travel as required to support firm enagagements
- U.S. citizenship required and an active U.S. Federal government Secret security clearance
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.