Digital Content and User Support Specialist, Community Development
ICF is seeking a Digital Content and User Support Specialist to support knowledge management projects with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), including the award-winning HUD Exchange website, which centralizes resources for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) grantees, providing training, guidance, tools, reports, policy help desks, and much more. View the website at https://www.hudexchange.info.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers fresh, innovative, and user-focused content to meet affordable housing and community development needs. This entry-level position will work with a collaborative team to support tasks such as digital content development, email marketing, customer support, and training development and delivery. In this position, you will have an opportunity to provide exceptional customer service to those seeking information from HUD, including lenders, state and local governments, nonprofits, Public Housing Authorities, tribes, the general public, and much more.
This is an entry level position. Our team likes to invest in the growth of our staff, and we are looking for someone who is eager to learn, loves working with people, and wants to do work that matters. If you have a background in communications, information management, public policy, or customer service, please apply! If you also have an interest in housing or community development, even better!
You are right for this position if you:
- Take pride in providing outstanding customer service, including being able to remain cool under pressure
- Have never met a process you did not immediately want to improve
- Are a passionate problem solver with a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude
- Have exceptional judgment and strong analytical skills
- Are always being asked to edit others’ work because you catch every little error
- Are self-motivated with a strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Are tech savvy; you easily pick up new web skills
- Love collaborating with people and learning new things
- Are extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Like to help people and want to do work that matters
- Support a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of HUD subject matter experts, content managers, customer service specialists, software developers, user experience experts, data analysts, designers, and more
- Develop knowledge of HUD’s programs to inform content and respond to user needs
- Provide help desk support, including responding to policy, resource, and technical inquiries
- Support management of webinars and in-person trainings including: entering training information into a Learning Management System (LMS), drafting and sending listserv messages, managing registration, coordinating with presenters/HUD staff, hosting webinars via platforms such as WebEx and Adobe Connect, and posting training materials
- Support the development and maintenance of protocols, process flows, templates, and tracking tools
- Develop, manage, and update web content using a content management system (CMS)
- Develop and disseminate newsletters/email campaigns
- Manage, clean, and analyze datasets
- Ensure product quality by editing content, troubleshooting bugs, doing systems testing, etc.
- Write clear, readable, and effective web content and training materials
- Provide general team and project support (note taking, budget tracking, data analysis)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent copyediting and QA/QC skills
- Outstanding customer service skills including being able to remain cool under pressure
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with people with varying levels of technical understanding/program knowledge and respond fully to an individual’s question/request in a helpful tone
- Experience developing user-friendly web content
- Experience with using a Content Management System
- Experience with basic coding languages like HTML & CSS
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of specialized software such as: Salesforce, Visio, Tableau, Adobe Creative Cloud, SharePoint, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Experience managing email campaigns, social media, and multimedia sites
- Public-facing customer service experience (retail, restaurant, office, etc...)
- Interest in doing good and supporting affordable housing and community development
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)