Job # 546015
What you’ll be doing...
Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) is a key emerging technology which is a driving force when coupled with 5G networks. Heterogeneous computing will play a critical role in the future of edge computing platforms. Along with innovating in the Edge computing space, you will work alongside members of the Architecture & Advanced Technologies team of Wireless and NFV to develop heterogeneous computing to address mobile edge computing challenges from context-aware performance optimization to smart and efficient MEC scheduling to optimize resource allocation and to enhance reliability and scalability.
- Architecting and designing our next generation Edge Computing platform and ecosystem that is secure and reliable.
- Developing cloud architectures and control techniques for ensuring low latency, high availability, network slicing and other Quality of Service (QoS) characteristics.
- Deploying and managing virtualized resources at scale, including virtual machines, containers, and ‘serverless’ systems.
- Defining compute, virtualization, storage and data analysis technologies to be deployed at the edge.
- Developing edge cloud security and resource isolation.
- Defining dependencies of Mobile/multi-access computing (MEC), with 5G and Cloud networking (RAN, CRAN).
- Applying practical hands-on experience to prototype, deploy, test, and optimize MEC applications, use cases, and enablers for internal and public demonstration.
- Technical writing, documenting, and presenting observations, findings, and architecture for recipients/consumers varying for Technical teams to leadership.
- Participating and collaborating in MEC related industry-standard meetings and forums, assessing start-up companies, and proposes MEC architecture for Verizon.
- Partnering with internal organizations to author MEC technical requirements.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
- BS or higher degree in computer science or a related field.
- Work experience from technology companies (large internet and cloud companies).
- Three or more years of distributed software design & development experience.
- Demonstrated experience building Container based solutions using Kubernetes, and/or Docker Data Center/swarm.
- Experience in one or more of the following cloud platform security: Cloud Foundry, Openshift, AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku, IoT Edge, or other PaaS technologies.
- Experience in two or more of the following languages: Go, Java, C#, Ruby, Python and Node.js.
- Experience in OS virtualization and containerization isolation technologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions with Infrastructure as a Service and Configuration management tools like (Ansible, OpenStack, Chef, Puppet).
- Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Perl, Bash).
- Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including Virtual Private Cloud, VPN, SDN, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies, and ability to design storage for performance and resiliency, including SAN, NAS, Cloud Storage Technologies for block and Object storage.
- A proven track delivering large system to a predefined schedule.
- Experience in one or more of the following open source projects: Docker, RabbitMQ, Cloudfiy, ElasticSearch, CoreOS/etcd, Kubernetes, Openstack.
- Experience with FPGA, GPU, NPU and other HW acceleration techniques.
- Demonstrated experience administering and managing consumption of Public Cloud Services in a large multi-team environment. Azure Experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience building Orchestration with DevOps Tools like Terraform.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.