Job # 545820
What you’ll be doing...
The CALEA Network Engineering Operations team functions as the SMEs for all things CALEA. As part of this team you will be a key contributor to our critical mission for Verizon: manage the core CALEA architecture to ensure performance meets business requirements, work closely with the VZW VSAT group, Product teams, VZ Planning, and Law Enforcement Agencies at the federal, state and local level to ensure each product deployed has a CALEA functionality that complies with federal requirements and published standards.
- Manage performance of the core CALEA architecture to ensure it is operating at peak performance and intervene with operational teams as necessary to maintain established performance expectations.
- Manage the implementation of new capabilities, and test those capabilities against industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively monitor the core CALEA architecture and resolve any identified issues
- Manage our core CALEA architecture vendor and various product vendors.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Engineering and HQ Planning to develop standards based CALEA solutions for all new products and services which require them.
- Coordinate with the vendor and our customers (internal and external) to schedule and implement software upgrades and corrective patches.
- Perform integration testing, user acceptance and regression, to include developing appropriate test plans and validating that the results meet the applicable CALEA standard(s).
- Provide timely and accurate updates/notifications to management and other affected groups or organizations during major, critical and catastrophic system events.
- Provide technical and/or analytical support.
- Work varying hours, including overnight, to apply patches, perform upgrades or conduct testing.
- Work with moderate supervision and make sound decisions regarding troubleshooting steps and emergency corrective actions that may need to be taken in order to resolve service-impacting issues.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Requiredto apply for, obtain, and maintain DoJ Security Clearance.
Even better if the candidate has:
- A degree.
- Telecom Experience.
- Verizon Cloud Platform/Openstack experience.
- Linux RHEL experience.
- IP routing and protocols experience.
- LTE / IMS infrastructure experience
- Knowledge of Security protocols (IPSec, SSL, TLS, etc.),
- Knowledge of CALEA.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with internal/external groups.
- Ability to operate well under pressure and exercise sound judgment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.