Job # 546261
What you’ll be doing...
Your role at BlueJeans will be to innovate and create a world-class experience for our users.You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the media (video/screen-sharing) stack used in our cutting-edge video conferencing platform. The video functions of the BlueJeans service provide clear video and real-time content sharing under varying network conditions and across heterogeneous platforms to empower productive collaboration among groups of people.
- Lead design of our real-time video processing and delivery architecture end to end
- Collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders to build the next generation of our video platform
- Transform algorithms from research to efficient solutions at scale in a cloud deployment model
- Identify insights from video quality metrics and optimize the end-user experience
- Provide strong technical leadership, demonstrating integrity and accountability
- Thrive within a cross-functional agile product development process
- Take ownership and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines
- Prioritize, plan, and deliver a responsive technology roadmap
- Promote architectural proposals and create technical documentation
- Assess the latest research and developments in the space
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Professional software development experience in C++ and C
- Experience in video coding algorithms and image/videoprocessingE
- Deep understanding ofvideocodecs (H.264, HEVC, VP8, VP9, etc.)
Even better if you have:
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with emphasis on signal processing orvideocoding
- 10+ years of audio/video software experience in roles that range from algorithm design, detailed implementation, and customer-initiated refinement with companies who have shipped notable products to the market
- Experience with open-source codec libraries (libvpx, x264, FFmpeg, etc.)
- Experience with video quality metrics and perceptual quality optimization
- Experience designing real-time multimedia streaming systems involving RTP/RTCP
- Experience developing in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with machine learning and computer vision algorithms
- Experience with bandwidth management and congestion control algorithms Experience with AR or VR technologies
- Strong multithreaded software design, problem-solving, and debugging abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.