Jacobs is seeking a Network Sys-Admin Engineer in Reston, VA. Duties will include:
- The Sponsor uses the Agile Scrum development methodology. The resources shall be familiar with Scrum
- All resources shall complete tasks within the Sponsor approved sprint cycle timeframe and use the Sponsor’s project work tracking system to track all tasks and user stories
- The Contractor provided personnel with requisite skills and expertise needs to successfully perform and deliver the development and information security accreditation requirements as requested by the Sponsor
- The Contractor shall possess experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or the Sponsor’s cloud environment. The Contractor shall have experience or familiarity in DevOps and programs that operate in a continuous integration/continuous deployment paradigm
- Serve as System/Network Administrator providing operations and maintenance support to Network Management Systems
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations as they relate to application management systems
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network application to optimal performance levels
- Responsible for performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers
- Work with stakeholders to define constraints, develop requirements, create system requirement documents, and concept of operations documentation. Provide engineer-based feedback to ensure requirements are fully understood.
- Analyze requirements as well as evaluate problems of workflow and organization to plan and develop appropriate corrective action
- Conduct integration and testing of network application hardware and/or software
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Provide implementation support as necessary to include providing on-site support to load scripts and verify the network is operating as expected and satisfactory for the customer
- Follow all customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies
- Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- Bachelor of Science with minimum of six full years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Demonstrated (intermediate level) hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network management application services and equipment
- Demonstrated (intermediate level) hands-on experience with server upgrades, patch management, and server transitioning
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (i.e. Windows, Linux, Unix, Oracle, AWS)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand and implement established technical and workflow procedures
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Expect, Python, Perl or other language
- Utilize system software to monitor the performance of all system components (i.e. servers, databases, files, etc.). Establish, document, and monitor thresholds to manage system data and create performance efficiencies.
- Conduct diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems, providing technical assistance and support with server malfunctions.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Recommend and plan server recapitalization. Conduct server performance tuning. Baselines and forecasts server performance data and tunes server hardware and software configurations
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 21, 2020, 2:46:04 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities