The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Assists Construction Manager (CM) (or Deputy CM, where applicable) with on-site installation and testing of signaling equipment. Reports to, and supports, the CM, (or DCM where applicable).
Key responsibilities include:
• Assists CM/DCM with resolution of construction and technical issues in the field.
• Support implementation and testing of signal equipment.
• Interface with the Contractors, inspectors and designers to resolve technical and installation issues.
• Liaises with Safety Manager and Lead Inspector for resolution of safety issues.
• Coordinates with Lead Inspector to resolve Deficiency Notices and other quality issues.
• Assists Lead Inspector in maintenance of record and as-built drawings and change tracking; and with management of trackwork inspectors.
• Reviews inspectors shift reports and other records for accuracy.
• Coordinates with Office Engineers regarding progress photos and documents needed to support construction progress meetings and reports.
• Coordinates with Cost/Schedule engineers for reporting of construction progress, including cost and schedule status.
• Assists in review of progress payment requisitions and invoices.
• Assists with identification, tracking and resolution of issues.
• Liaison with other disciplines (e.g. track, traction power, communications, etc.)
• Assist with preparation of weekly, monthly and ad hoc technical reports and resolution of change orders and claims.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by CM
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Queens Village-US NY Queens Village
Job Posting: Jul 21, 2020, 1:50:14 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NY Queens Village
80-45 WINDCHESTER BLVD
Queens Village 11427
Capabilities: Transit and Rail